Sunday, January 29, 2006

What time is it now?

I just stayed up to late listening to CD's of an old radio program of Superman where he goes searching for Batman, who had been kidnapped. (The storyline is really besides the point.)

Today Stake Conference started, and I spent the morning/early afternoon babysitting the girls. I waited way to long before taking my medicine for the day, and I was irritable going into the priesthood leadership meeting. As soon as the meeting started, the irritablibly went away. (I attribute it to the fact that I took my medicine a hour earlier plus the fact that I was attending Stake Conference.) As the meeting progressed, my ankle felt worse and worse. It felt like if I stood up on it, I would discover it broken. (Not the case, but that's how it felt.) After the meeting, I went home to take some more Ibuprophen. That didn't really help. Walking on it actually helps a little, and trying to stretch it out a little helps after the first inital pain, but even now it hurts pretty good. I don't know what the problem is, but we did go shopping yesterday for something like 6 hours.

Anyway, I wasn't looking forward to trying to sleep with it like this a little while ago, so I kept listening to the CD's. Noe they are over, I have taken all the medicine I can right now, and it still hurts. I guess there is nothing left to do but go lie down and try not to think about it. Maybe I will go read a book.

I sprained the thing in July playing baseball and it took something like 4 months to totally feel better again. I hope this isn't one of those again...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

only you would have random ailments that you don't even know how you got them. try to keep it together.

rob

jjp said...

Not only me really. My brother did it on his mision to his hand,and in a show of support, Tara had an injury earlier this year she couldn't remember where she got it. I told her: "You're really one of us, now."