Thursday, January 26, 2006

I'm awake now...

I slept a long time last night. I took the apnea machine off last night for the first time since I bumped the pressure up. Tara says I kept opening my mouth last night. Maybe I need to lower the pressure to 11.5, I don't know. I'll wait until it happens again.

On nights when I use the machine all night, I only need 7 hours of sleep. On nights when I don't use it, if I don't get 9 or 10 hours of sleep, I'm exhausted. (So I slept in this morning.)

There's no sign of the tax returns yet. I couldn't remember this year if it's Utah that does their returns on Thursdays and the Feds on Fridays, but I think that's how it works. Our efile was accepted 2 days ago, I thought there was a possibility of having them back this week. Maybe the federal return will come tomorrow.

Does anyone know how they do it? Do they just stick all the returns into some table in a database, then start a batch job to process as many as they can at night? If so, I would imagine finishing your taxes early each year would get you a return quicker each time. (If I owed, I would wait until April 15th to pay...) The earlier you get it done, the less returns there are to process, and the more likely you are to get it quicker. It seems like they both accepted our return last year on a Friday, and we had the returns the next week. I don't know. The website says wait 10 days to 3 weeks if you efile and use direct deposit, but since we have been doing it, (this is our 4th year...) 2 weeks was the longest we had to wait.

No comments: