Sunday, September 03, 2006

College Football is upon us

So the first week of the college football season is an interesting one. There are fans whose hope for their team is sustained. (Only to be crushed in week 2.) There are fans, who had high hopes for their team, and now dispair. (Even if their team is about to go 10-1, they still have doom and gloom for a week...) Then there are the fans, who watch their team, normally in the national rankings, put up 50 points against some division III school, and they think it's great. (Nothing against this, I know it gives some of those little schools the money they need to keep their scholarships going...) Anyway, it's just an interesting time. People attach comments to their team, good or bad, deserved or not. (I say come back in a couple of weeks...)

Anyway, I just watched a late game. (I stayed up all night for that?) I have very few things to say about it. (If Rob were on the phone, I am sure he would have many things to say, but it's even later there than it is here, and he's a Branch President, so I imagine he's sound asleep...) Anyway, I don't think the outcome reflects on the rest of the season. At least I hope I don't have to watch any more games like that one this year. I have a flag, it goes up before the game, if they win, it stays up until their next game. If they lose, it comes down until the next Saturday. Needless to say, the last few years, it hasn't seen a lot of sun.

Anyway, armchair quarterbacks of the world, unite! Get out there, and let me know why beating Bo Diddly Tech means you are the best team around. Let me know how what your team did this week means for the rest of the season. Comments are welcome. (Except for Utah. They deserve what they got...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i stayed up very late and watched it all until the last AZ score. then I went to bed.

i was veyr tired the next day and it didn't help me at all that we lost.

rob