Monday, September 18, 2006

Free Stuff

I stopped at the front desk on my way in to ask if they could bring up a razor for me. (It was the last thing I tried to remember to pack, of course I forgot it.) They let me know that HP is comping the fee for the in house internet access. I just got a call, they were out of razors, he was going to run to the store to purchase some more. I told him it wasn't that big of a deal, but he is doing it anyway. That's what I call service.

I am supposed to be heading over to the Houston aquarium right now for a reception, but I got out of the last thing late, and missed the timeframe to get on the bus. Oh well, when you've seen one fish, you've seen them all. But it would have been funny to get there and find out they were serving seafood. (Do they do that at aquariums?)

One of the nice (at least kind of nice) things about a conference like this is getting free stuff. Tomorrow I am going to an Astros game, and they have some hospitality suites there full of food. They will also give me all the peanuts I can eat. I will have to remember to take heartburn medicine with me, just in case.

Today I got a nice backpack/laptop combo bag thing. My laptop actually fits in it, which is a feat in and of itself. I think I will try to use it tomorrow to try it out. (maybe)

Other things I got:

laser pointer
the previously mentioned Home Depot gift card
Some sort of beach/gym bag
A new, smaller library bag (Tara knows what I mean)
A CD player/CD Holder thing
pen/pencil set
A nice polo shirt (white, which may not work the way I make messes)
Little cheapo flashlight
foam football
T shirt

I take an exam at 9:30am. No new posts until after then...

No comments: