Tuesday, September 26, 2006

You want what?

We got a letter at the Stake this week from the Church Archives department. It turns out that they recently received the patriarchal blessing number 347 given by the late Flake Rogers of our Stake. They indicated that record numbers 342-346 and 348-367 were still missing. They were asking for copies of these blessings if we had them.

Brother Rogers died 5 years ago, and blessing #347 was given in 1996. I tracked down and called Brother Rogers son, and explained the problem to him. His response was "In the medical profession we have a term for this, it's 'hmm.'" He had no idea what to tell me, he hadn't seen anything like that when they were emptying the house.

I looked through the file cabinets at the church (they haven't thrown a lot out there. ever.), and didn't find them at all. I found a whole bunch of priesthood ordination records from the late 70's and early 80's, but no blessings.

Now I have to write a letter back to the Church archives people explaining the situation.

It reminds me of things that happen at work. I get a call: "We are trying to track down a server from 1992. Do you know what happened to it?" (I started working there in 1993...)

No comments: