Sunday, September 24, 2006

The outrage is back (already)

Security here in the Pheonix airport was kind of a joke. (They ticked me off, just a little bit.) The airport has free public wireless. Every airport should be that way. It can't be that expensive, and I can't imagine other airports make all that much out of the per hour charges they do. (Orlando also has free wireless, what other airports are like this?)

They only had 2 xray machines running, and the guys running the machine were spending too much time (I thought) re-running things through those machines. There was a lady just ahead of us, they ran her purse through 4 times... (Just open the thing up already!)

I was chastized for grabbing my shoes before they were fully off the conveyor. Then they wanted me to go with them to check my Bi-Pap before my laptop bag was fully off the conveyor. Those dudes were punks.

They checked my Bi-Pap, as usual. I verified that the thing needs to be checked every time I go through security. They did not do this in Houston. I mentioned this, and these guys said that they should have. Now, who do I complain to about the lax screening over in Houston? They seem to be doing roving secondary checks while people are boarding. Why are they doing that here in Phoenix, where the screeners at the checkpoint are over evaluating everything, yet in Houston, you can just meander on through the airport? I just hope they don't pick me to profile me for a screening...


Short story about the Houston airport:

Most baggage claims in airports have little announcements in the back ground going on to say to look over in one location for oversided luggage, look in this other place if your luggage got here before you, that sort of thing. The thing that made me laugh about Houston was that they had these announcements, but added to it was one that said something to the effect of: "Firearm boxes can be picked up at the customer service counter next to baggage claim 5." Hilarious. Where else but in Texas do you have to have a special annoucement about firearms?

No comments: