Friday, September 08, 2006

Soduko

This soduko thing is getting out of hand. People all over are doing them now. They say it's the biggest craze since the crossword puzzle. I think it's hilarious. I was doing these things more than 10 years ago, but they didn't call it that then. The book I got Kate has a little introduction to it with the History: (paraphrased)

They say it comes to the US from Japan. The puzzle was invented in the US, called "Number Place" in the Dell Pencils and Word games magazine in 1979. I got them in the Math and Logic Problems magazine that used to run. I still have a few I still haven't worked my way completely through, if you don't believe me. (I save them for trips, really) Some dude from Japan saw the Number Place puzzle, started making his own, and get them in a Japanese puzzle magazine. In Japan, it became a hit. The Times newspaper in London started in 2004 to carry the puzzle, and it took off in England and Europe, and has spread all over.

Anyway, I was doing these long before most of the people around here. I guess it's just one more way to show how much of a trend setter I really am...

No comments: