Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Restaurant Review

Pappas - Houston

Ethan L took me to lunch today. (Thanks Ethan!)

It turns out that the Texas BBQ I had yesterday was just a cheap convention center knockoff of Texas BBQ. Ethan explains that at church, they identify 2 different kinds of BBQ, the one where you start by smoking the meat for 12 hours (real Texas BBQ), and the one where you do hotdogs and hamburgers (This they call grilling).

Now, at this place, after I ordered (there was some sort of communication problem, I guess I don't speak Texas Mexican very well), and got my food, I have to agree. Real Texas BBQ is very good. Very very good. I really enjoyed my meal.

It sounds like Ethan is enjoying himself down here. It sounds like he gets lots more opportunities here than he ever did when he worked for Operations.

No comments: