Friday, October 13, 2006

Another reason to not live in Buffalo

On Dave's blog, he has a couple of pictures dating back to yesterday morning. The first is of a rain storm where a few pieces of ice/snow/hail/something solid had landed on the back of his truck. His comment was that it wasn't really sticking.

An hour and a half later, he had a picture of a 1/4 inch of snowdrift by a building. He said he much have been wrong about the sticking part.

Well, Dave should have had a barometer with him (Ask me another time of some ways you I can remember to check the height of a building with a barometer...) because it snowed like crazy in Buffalo yesterday and today.

The power is out at my parents house. They lost lots of tree limbs. There was a driving ban in the city. The Interstate was closed for 100 miles, with people stranded all along it. (People in snowmobiles were taking them food and supplies.) All that, and it's only October 15th!

Now, I know it will melt. And make a bigger mess as it's melting. I'm glad I'm not in it, even if it doesn't should much sympathy or support for those who are. (I did call to check on them, by the way, they are all ok. Missy still has to go to work at the zoo...)

Anyway, it has been nice here. And I have shoveled maybe a dozen times in the last 13 years. I really don't miss it.

Now, having said that, we'll have the wettest, snowest Winter on record here. When that happens, blame me.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Just for the record, if it were possible for us to live somewhere else, I would be. It seems that we are meant to be here. AND, I HATE SHOVELING!