Sunday, October 22, 2006

Not the reaction I was looking for

We got a new home teacher today, he's only been in the ward since the beginning of the semester. He called to make an appointment today:

Him: "I'm your new HT, I haven't been in the ward that long."
Me: "And you don't know who I am, you haven't seen me at church." (In a joking tone of voice)
Him: "... I guess I don't get the joke."
Me: "Well, I haven't been in Priesthood much lately."
Him: "Would you accept HT to come by and visit? Is that ok?"
Me: "Sure. When?"
Him: "How about the 5th?"
Me: "That's the 8th Ward conference, that should be ok."
Him: "We had ward conference last week."
Me: "The 8th ward has their conference that day. I'm the Stake Executive Secretary, I have to go to all of them. That's part of the reason for my spotty attendance at Priesthood."
Him: "Oh."

Anyway, I think we got off on the wrong foot. I think for a while there he was worried they wouldn't be able to come visit or get us to come to church. It should be all cleared up by the time they visit. Maybe.

No comments: