Friday, October 13, 2006

diapers

Emma is in the process of getting potty trained. From my remote "that nice that it's happening" view, it seems to be going pretty well. (Tara may have a different opinion, but Emma seems to think it's going well.)

This is nice. I was worried for a little bit there we might have to be buying 3 different sizes of diapers when the baby comes. This is not such a cheap thing. We have been buying 2 sets of diapers for the past 5 years. It's kind of like (financially, anyway) having a smoking habit. (In a "1/2 a pack bought on an Indian reservation, and not taxed by the state" sort of way.)

Some day, we will be down to 1 set at a time, then finally down to not having to buy diapers at all. Now I know where people come up with the money for things like a new car for their mid life crisis, college tuition, weddings, etc. They just move from spending diaper money to doing these other things.

I plan to get a metallic blue one that handles and curves turns really nicely. A sun roof is a requirement. (Especially since I will be bald by then, so Tara, don't worry, there's plenty of time before it happens...)

What I would like to see is all the diapers we have ever thrown out (still sealed up, of course), lined end to end or stacked in a cube. That would be an impressive sight.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Who says you get to spend the diaper money?!!! I think since I've changed most of the diapers I should get most of the money, or at least we should spend it on nice trips together somewhere without any kids celebrating their non-dependence on us. Who needs another gas guzzling car?

jjp said...

hmm....

Mom said...

I'm with Tara, she should get to spend the money or at least have a say in how it will be spent. However, since you have 4 girls and another on the way, I'm thinking you should probably save every penny of it for weddings..... just a suggestion.