Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The bad boy of blogging

Looks like I am still on the '(potentially) bad' list of bloggers. That's fine. They probably looked at my last post and figured I didn't deserve to get the setting taken off. Or they are at least dragging their feet about it. I would do the exact same thing in their position...

Tara was called by Barnes and Noble tonight, they invited her and Kate to the "Series of Unfortunate Events" party. They told her they would put her on the media list. I'm thinking that means free stuff. And food.

One of our High Council sold his house. They are now looking for a house in the Stake to move into. It turns out that someone made them an offer, they put the price high enough that they figured it wouldn't sell right away, but it did. Then they decided that maybe they didn't really want to move. His wife tried several times to talk the buyers out of their offer, but they keep refusing, and really want the house. He told the Stake President tonight he would even take a place at "Shady Acres" if he could get it. The President asked what Shady Acres was, it was a reference to a name I gave a place when this High Councilor was one of my counselors in the Elder's Quorum presidency. We have a little apartment complex associated with the State Hospital, I could never remember the name of it, and for a while, called it Shady Acres.

I told everyone standing there that Tara has worked for 8 long years trying to refine me, and get me to reform just a little, but the patient so far has been rejecting the transplant...

I told the new counselor in the Stake Presidency that I had 1 bathroom with 4 going on 5 girls in the house, he really felt sorry for me. At some point I need to built a new mega-bathroom. It would include several toilets, a giant mirror, several sinks, and several showers. There is one like this at Spring Haven Lodge that I'm thinking about. It includes also lots of storage space, that sort of thing. Some day when I have some money lying around, I will consider it seriously...

No comments: