Sunday, October 08, 2006

Quick Stats

The least popular hour to visit this blog is 3am Mountain time. I have only had one visit then in the past 10 weeks. The most popular hour is 5pm Mountain. I have 1/6 of the total visits coming in that hour. 3pm comes in at #3, followed by 8pm Mountain. I blame the 3pm spike on it being 5pm Eastern time. Why do people hate the middle of the night so much? Another thing I find interesting, is the drop from 11pm Mountain to 12am. 11pm has a 68 visit rate (nearly one a day), 12am drops to 22 visits in the timeframe.

The best time for pageviews, by far, is 3pm Mountain. If figure 5pm Eastern is the time that grandparents get home to look for pictures of their grandbabies, and click the picture when it's there. Am I right?

Average pageviews per visit is highest during the 6am mountain time period at 3.45 per visit. The 5pm Mountain time is a near second at 3.05 per visit. I can explain the 5pm one, that's a popular time, but 6am? Is this people who get to work (8am Eastern), and just don't have anything else to do? I get to work, and some days have so much to do that I don't even get to turn around until noon. It seems to be a funny spike first thing in the morning like that. Maybe that time period has visitors that are Power Visitors. Get in, read everything, look around quickly, get out. Repeat in one week.

By the way, Firefox is still holding steady at 30%. Way to go.

No comments: