Saturday, October 14, 2006

Clothing Catastrophe

I did a load of laundry today, and upon pulling it out of the dryer, discovered a disaster. Little sploches of color was everywhere on the clothes. This load included: all but one pair of my pants, several shirts I like to wear, 4 of Tara's pregnancy shirts, one of her pregnancy dresses, and assorted clothes from Emma and Ruth. We think it was the clothes from Ruth that got us, we found 2 wrappers from crayons in the load. It looks like there were at least 3 crayons that melted in the dryer and dripped all over the clothes.

Crayola's suggestion involves wd-40, that would have taken forever with the amount of marks. Someone else suggested ColdWater Tide, so we went and got some. After several washings, it looks like I got 1 pair of pants back, maybe 2 (It's in drying now, we'll see what it looks like soon.)

I have several pairs of pants that are now to the wd-40 stage. Many spots are gone, there are a few signifigant spots remaining. Tara's dress looks like it might only have a few spots left on it. (To the wd-40 pile with it.) Tara's 4 shirts look bad. One only has one spot, the others are ruined.

My Superman shirt only has a few spots left on it, I really can't see them, so I'm goingt o keep wearing the shirt.

My Mr. Incredible shirt had all the spots come out of the fabric, none of them come out of the picture. It looks like his face is all bloodied, it's really not the look I am going for when I wear the shirt. I tried taking a Mister Clean Magic Eraser to it, but the shirt just shredded the Magic Eraser, and did nothing to the stains. That guy really is nearly invulnerable...

Maybe a few of the things in the dryer will come out spot free, but I'm not holding my breath at this point. Anyway, this year for Christmas, when I say all I need is pants, I really mean it this time. I guess I didn't need a new closet after all.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Sorry about the clothes, been there. And about the time they quite putting crayons in their pockets, they start leaving pens, or chap stick or lip stick..... it just never ends.