Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Spam Blog

I currently have to do a Word Verification in order to create posts on my blog. It appears that Blogger's bots have decided that my blog was engaged in "Spam Blogging".

In their words: "Blogs engaged in this behavior are called spam blogs, and can be recognized by their irrelevant, repetitive, or nonsensical text, along with a large number of links, usually all pointing to a single site." Well, I don't think it's a bad thing, they have to protect their server/storage resources from junky spammer blogs. (Like the ones with a normal title, but you go to it and it's really an ad page for laser hair removal or a page that lists all the different ways you can buy tofu lawn ornaments.)

Now, some of you out there will agree with them that some of what I say makes no sense at all. There's nothing I can do about that. That's just the way I am. Ask my parents. Or my wife. As far as irrelevant, I won't object to that either. I take exception to repetitive, with the exception of that Goal Update I was doing earlier in the year (I owe an update on that one), My "Game Time" feature, and the "Book Review" I occasionally do. (But I haven't been doing book reviews for comic books, and that's the only kind of book I read these days...)

Anyway, I went to a page where I signed up to have someone review the blog and get back to me. We'll see what they say. (They may agree with the nonsensical text part, too.)

I guess there is a "Flag as Objectionable" button at the top of each blog. Maybe Rob didn't like the crack about his being bad luck and Objected. I still haven't ruled him out as the one who put me on the Terror Watch List. :)

No comments: