Saturday, December 02, 2006

It's been a long time since I started college.

On Thursday, I went to Mary's prechool to read books to the kids. One of the most exuberant kids was Kyle Y. (There are 2 kyles in the class.)

Today, we went to the University Christmas party. Normally every year, we end up going really late, and don't get a choice for a craft, or miss the games, or whatever. They have always had Santa there, but we have never waited in the line to see him. (More on the party a little later.)

This year, we decided to wait in the Santa line. (The 90 minute Santa line. I hope the girls enjoyed it, because we will have to do a cost analysis on the Santa line for next year.) Behind us in line was Kyle Y and his mom. After about 20 minutes, his mom asked if I had been in college 15 years ago. This took me a little while to figure out, that yes, I am getting close to 15 years. 14 years! How did that happen?

Anyhow, Kyle Y.'s mom is named Mikilani, and she was in our Freshman ward. (I can't remember her maiden name, sorry.) She was on the activities committee with me. We talked briefly about a few people. (Will and his Ward car being one of them.) It's a good thing people recognize me, because I don't know how many I have passed and should have recognized, but didn't...

No comments: