Monday, December 04, 2006

Shopping (for food)

There is a store here that I don't shop unless I have to. It's usually Tara saying something specific is on sale there. I don't trust the store. (Ok, it's Smith's.) Their sales always seem to have some sort of catch with it. (maybe it's yougurt on sale, but the yougurts a really small, or something silly like that.) Anyway, the only things I buy from the place are the specific items I planned, nothing more.

Today it was cereal and milk. The cereal was 8 for $8. The deal was you could buy 8, no more, no less, to get the deal. Picking up the cereal, there were some girls loading up their cart with cereal. They had 16 of them in there, I was thinking "They are in for a suprise when they get to the register..."

Anyway, when I checked out, the cereal rang up as $2, not $1. You had to click the 'check out' button to get the other $8 off. It's silly.

If I go to Smith's, it's "Don't trust, and verify" anytime I buy anything.

Just thought I'd share.

No comments: