Friday, December 29, 2006

Restaurant Review

Kaylynn came and got the girls this afternoon for a couple of hours, so I took Tara to Kmart to get a new robe. After that, we looked for a place to eat, ending up evenutally at Sizzler.

I ordered a Steak, medium. What I got was a steak, dry and charred on one side, raw and red on the other. (Not pink. The way I see it, if it's just pink enough that I can't tell, but it's still juicy, that's medium. If I know it's red, that's raw.) I sent the steak back for further attention.

One of the managers brought the thing back, his comment was that he didn't see the piece of meat the first time, but he had never seen a steak looking exactly the way this one did, so he wanted to see what I thought. I thought they ended up further charring the already dry side, and didn't really resolve the rare side fully, the manager took the piece of meat back and had them do a new one.

When he came back, he asked me to take a look and see what I thought. I cut the steak open, and it was very rare on the inside again. I nearly laughed, but kept the poker face and said something to the effect of "This doesn't look quite look right." The manager agreed and immediately started talking about comping the meal, getting the steak done right, that sort of thing. While he was saying this, the only thing I could think was "I'm getting this reaction out of him, and I haven't even gotten worked up about it yet. Who warned him about me?"

The 4th time it came back to me, the steak looked perfect. (And tasted very good.) The manager ended up giving us $15 in Sizzler gift certificates, 2 coupons for free salad bar add ons, and 2 coupons for 1/2 rack of ribs with an entree. Not bad for my not even having to get upset with someone.

It was very nice of Kaylynn to give us 3 hours peace. Thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet. did you have to pay? i didn't see it among the compensations.

rob

jjp said...

We didn't get our money back, that might have happened had I blown my top, but I didn't.