Saturday, February 17, 2007

Bad parenting skills

I went to the store to pick up some snacks for tomorrow night's "Late Night Work-a-thon". I took Lily with me so that Tara could have a few minutes to eat her dinner.

By the time I had gotten to the store, I had forgotten that Lily was in the car. (She wasn't making any noise, I got distracted by a car that wasn't paying attention to was he was doing.)

Anyway, about 10 minutes later, I realized that I had brought her with me, but didn't have her. Luckily, the car had been locked on my way in, and I had the front of the car seat covered with a blanker, so no one noticed she was there, but there it is. DCFS will be banging on my door soon.

It wouldn't be so bad if that was my first offense. It happened to me one other time. (Not with Lily, I think that one was Ruth.)

Lily seems to have thought it was funny. I'm sure she was thinking "The car stopped, and it got really quiet. What's going on here?"

No comments: