Friday, February 02, 2007

To vacation or not to vacation

I've been on vacation the past couple of days, not that they have missed me at work. Each of the last 2 days, I have worked 4 hours. This did not make me happy.

To compinsate, this morning I was in the Data Center, and found some SCSI terminators from some machines we got rid of during the summer. I claimed them and took them to my office.

I use the terminators to anonymously mail to people in Campus mail after they have ticked me off. (It's the little things in life.) Some of the people that generally get a terminator from me don't even know what they are, but I think it's hilarious. I've got a couple of people from today that are definitely getting a terminator in the mail soon.

If I really need the (minor) release, I put the thing in the campus mailer, then drop the thing off in the hall. Someone always picks it up and takes it to the mailbox, off it goes. I call it Pioneer Mail.

A couple of years ago, when my office was upstairs in the building, I used Pioneer Mail exclusively. I did this for about 3 months, until one day in a meeting, one of the student secretaries started talking about how she kept finding mail on the ground upstairs, and kept sticking it in the mailbox. She sounded a little exasperated with the whole thing. I started laughing, which blew my cover. The nice thing is, after a few years, there is no institutional knowledge left, those students graduate, and others are hired, so you can start the thing all over again. Long live Pioneer Mail.

No comments: