Friday, February 23, 2007

Eating at Wendy's

I had a Spicy Chicken combo with fries and a Dr. Pepper. On first bite, I was reminded of all the times in the past that I've eaten Spicy Chicken sandwiches. I really like the Spicy Chicken sandwich. I remember when it first came out...

It was back in High School, I was working at Wendy's at the time. I used to work the night shift, which they liked I think because when I was working, they could have one less person there. When my friend Jamison and I were there together, they could have less people and we would get done closing the place up faster.

Anyhow, I generally did the grill, sandwich station, and fryers all night. We closed the store at 10pm, at which time I closed down the grill, sandwich station and fryers. Usually we had chicken and fries left over. I would make a baseball to softball sized "fry ball". (Think about it - but those things sure were good.) I would also have a chicken sandwich. It was always a bonus if it was a spicy chicken sandwich. I think our managers never minded this behavior because this food was waste after the store was closed, and we got out early, which got the manager home early...

Occasionally I got to take home a piece of hamburger home for the dog...

At least now when I eat at Wendy's, I don't come home soaked in grease.

No comments: