Thursday, February 15, 2007

Too much work.

I've been working too much this week, or at least too much at night. I was on-call at the beginning of the week, and spent 2 nights in a row in the Data Center for 5 or 6 hours. Yesterday, I got home at 3:30(AM), and settled right in for 8 hours of sleep.

Unfortunately, I started getting calls every 30 minutes or so starting at 8am. At 11am, I got a call from someone that was calling to let me know that she had sent me an email. She really didn't have anything else to say. I figured that was it, I gave up and got out of bed.

After having been ripped off for lunch (see below), and having off hours this week for work hours, I am declaring tomorrow "Chicken Wing Day" at work. Several people today said "As in Buffalo Wings?", to which I replied "There is no other way."

Tomorrow is Chicken Wing day, just so you know.

On Sunday night, we are doing our major outage for the year to do patching. And some upgrades, and some other stuff. (People keep piling stuff onto the heap of changes.) Sunday night might be "Dr. Pepper and Potato Chips Night".

No comments: