Thursday, February 15, 2007

Horseradish

10:45pm - I find myself dipping my Fritos into my Cordon's Horseradish. (Which I hear from the Idaho boys at work is the best Horseradish around. It's an Idaho brand.) Anyway, the Fritos started breaking into the jar. I found myself fishing them out with other Fritos, and consuming a larger than intended amount fo Horseradish. My sinuses are very cleared out for the moment.

Then I notice the ingredients: Grated Horseradish Roots, Water, White Distilled Vinegar, Soybean Oil, Salt, Artificial Flavor, Sodium Metabisulfate and Sodium Benzoate, Sugar, Eggs, Cellulose and Xathan gums, Citric Acid, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Calcium Disodium EDTA, Spices, Lemon Juice.

I'm thinking to myself, this is horseradish. And it's strong horseradish. It's not like anything can grow in it. It's not like it goes bad. It's not like you can taste anything else but the horseradish. Why all the ingredients? Does it really make it better?

I do like it, it is very spicy.

Horseradish Reflux Disease. It's not an affliction for normal people, it's an affliction for stupid people like me.

No comments: