Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A birthday party memory

Today is the birthday of Russ, one of my old roommates, and Steve, my old neighbor.

I called Russ this afternoon to wish him a happy birthday. Russ asked me about how things were around, I talked about how the town was a little quieter now that school is out, and the louder parties really haven't started yet.

This reminded me of a party Russ and I threw for our birthdays one year. Our birthdays being 2 weeks apart, we had the party on May 16th. (1997 or 1998, but I think it was 1997..) We had a BIG party. This was out on condo row, if you have any idea where that is. Anyhow, Russ and I had gone around for several nights making personal invitations to people we really wanted to come. (And by people, I mean girls.) Anyhow, needless to say, many came.

Tara was invited, but she did not come. During this time, Tara and her roommates were convinced that I liked one of her other roommates. This was far from the truth. Very far. The girl just had a high opinion of herself (that's my take on it.), and ended up being in the wrong places at the wrong times. (Once Russ, Rob, and I went over, I was going to ask Tara out, but this roommate was sitting on the stairs, she stopped us and talked to us for a while, when suddenly Tara and a couple of other roommates can running down the stairs and took off. Just bad luck like that. Or not the right timing.) Anyway, they missed the festivites.

To make a long story short, eventually the cops came, someone across the street had called. To give you an indication on how things went, I am attaching this picture take at the party. Enjoy.


The shorts are a normal length, I'm not sure what happened here...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good times.

KayStar said...

I could have lived with out ever seeing that picture, jk, thanks for the laugh....