Thursday, May 11, 2006

Books

I went to the library here at the school this morning looking for a couple of books to read. The last 2 books I have started I ended up not finishing in the 3 weeks checkout + 3 weeks renewal they give you at the public library. The university library gives you 6 months to check out a book, then you can renew the thing, so maybe a year will be long enough to read these things. It should be a little shorter, I decided that it gets boring walking to work everyday without something to do or somthing to read.

The University has this service where you can request a book for delivery to your office via the web. (For employees anyway.) One of my co-workers got 3 books from this service today, I was walking by when they came. I asked the guy (A student employee) if he hated it when people were too lazy to walk up to the library themselves and he had to deliver the books to them. He say no, because that job pays his tuition, rent, etc. I guess I will have to do the faculty delivery now so I'm not taking money out of those student's pockets. Plus the University library is gigantic, the selection is much larger than the Public library, and I get more time. Looks like I can start reading more than comic books now...

No comments: