Thursday, May 25, 2006

Book Review


The Bourne Identity
by Robert Ludlam

I read this book on a tip from someone else. Let me just say one thing. If you have seen the movie, read this book. If you have not seen this movie, but plan to do that and read the book, I say watch the movie first, then read the book.

The book is far, far, far superior to the movie. They don't even travel in the same circles. A Venn diagram comparing the commonalities of the book and the movie would look very much like a figure 8.

I really enjoyed this book. While reading the book, Tara talked about how she didn't like the movie, it was too confusing, you really didn't know anything about what was going on. I don't remember the movie being all that bad, but the book was far better.

When I first saw "Sphere", the movie ended and I thought "That can't be the way the book ended, that ending was just stupid." I read the book, and sure enough, that's the way it ended. Like the author gave up.

This book is big, but reads fast, allowing you to enjoy it. Not like the HPUX CSE book I have been reading...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you liked that book, you need to read The Matarese Circle by Ludlum. JJ

jjp said...

I'll get on that. I appear to be in a "read books people recommend" phase.