Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Credit Score

I got preapproved for a new car today. It looks like we will sell the one we have tomorrow. The lady was entering in the stuff, ended up with my credit report, and my score was 810.

I sat wondering how this happened. It's not like I have done anything special. No wonder I get so much junk mail for credit cards. When we bought this car, my credit score was 716. I thought this was pretty good. 3 years later, it's gone way up.

Now, I know we don't miss any payments on anything, mess with anyone, or anything like that, but it still seems like a high number to me. I guess that's how it goes. Experian currently says the national average score is 677, which I'm suprised is not lower. Maybe I'm a credit pessimist.

Anyhow, unless the guy that is buying our car has his stuff fall apart, (He is approved at his bank for a 7.6% or something like that, and is trying for the credit union's 6.1% that I got) we will be picking up a new car tomorrow. We have looked at a number of them.

Stay Tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i can't wait. we may get a car, although not a minivan.