Monday, May 08, 2006

Plane tickets

I picked up a one way flight out of Buffalo tonight for $167.10. I fly back the 13th of June, so I will miss 3 weeks of interviews, I will have to definitely take up the Stake President on the Assistant Executive Secretary.

I saw the fare as a web fare on Delta.com, it was $100 cheaper than any other day's one way fare, and even more than that cheaper than all the others. Having the voucher, I couldn't just use it to pay for the thing, I called in on the phone to make the reservation. The first person I talked to had a bad accent, and I could barely hear her, but when I gave the cities and date, she quoted $340. I told her that I had a web fare I was looking at, and she said "You have to talk to out online support team, I can transfer you." That was fine by me, I really didn't understand all of what she said anyway. The second lady was very nice. I gave the cities and date, and my Skymiles number, she couldn't at first find the fare, she eventually looked it up online to find it, then when she had it, put me on hold. She came back a couple of times to tell me she was working on it, the second time she said it would be a couple of more minutes, but she was sure she could get it. Tara's brother will take the voucher over to the Delta counter to pay for the thing. (I had to change the voucher to his name when we bought the plane tickets for his family to come at Christmas.) The voucher has $169 remaining on it, which is perfect. All in all, I was very impressed with the service I recieved.

Work doesn't care that I work remotely for an extra week, so everything should work out. I have to still buy the return one way fare, but I should be able to get the entire round trip for $200 or less, which is better than any recent deal out there, and I have been looking for a couple of weeks.

No comments: