Tuesday, May 30, 2006

New Buffalo to (Old) Buffalo

We stayed in New Buffalo last night. By the time we found a hotel with an appropriately priced room, and got everyone up there, no eating places were open in town. We ate gas station fast food. It wasn't really that bad.

I think there was some mild confusion when we ended up in New Buffalo, but not at Grandma's house.

We actually made it into town while it was still daylight, which may be a record for us. Dave got kicked out of his room so that we could use it. It's pretty nice. It's the highest I have ever slept in the house. (Bedroom in the basement before moving out, since then have been visiting, but sleeping on the main floor.) I don't know if it's an indication that I'm moving up on the pecking order, but I am mostly sure it just means that there's too many of us to deal with anywhere else. Plus it mutes any crying supposedly sleeping children may make.

No comments: