Monday, May 29, 2006

Today we drove into Indiana. (Michigan, really)

We decided to pass Chicago while the traffic wasn't too bad. It only took 45 minutes to get out of the conjestion. By the time we found a hotel with an appropriately priced suite, it was 11:30 local time. By the time we got around to looking for food, all the restaurants anywhere close were closed. We went to the 24 hour gas station to shop.

The 2nd hotel told me they had 1 suite left, normally it was $89, he would let me have it for $149. Naturally, I walked out.

The 3rd hotel had a very nice lady who wanted to give me the AARP rate for a family suite. (Something like 5 beds.) I asked if I needed to look old and wore out to get the rate, she said no. I asked if I needed to snoore really loud to get the rate, again no. Then she went to book the room, and couldn't get it. The remaining kid's suite they had was also not available. People must have been still trying to get through the Chicago traffic. (Or she didn't like my jokes.) She ended up pointing me 2 towns over to the next place, where we finally got a room.

No comments: