Thursday, May 25, 2006

Thursday Travel Log

Today I went back to work. I had to go, there were things to get done. I worked on some problems, caused one, and started to arraign things to leave for a while. Karl talked me into going with a vendor for lunch. We went to Bajio Grill. The vendor had just read a book on the Erie Canal, we talked about the Erie Canal the entire time, our upcoming trip triggered the conversation. After lunch, Dave, Ledge and I went to taste Mashed Potatoes. We were supposed to pick out the one that was different. Ledge and I got it wrong. Dave got it right. Dave said one had a very strong taste. A lady came out and said one was very salty. I figure it was one of those old "Taster vs. Non-Taster" things they do in genetics classes. The lady at the front desk told us that they changed one ingredient. The potatoes were 4-cheese potatos, I really didn't like them all that much, but happily took my $3 and went back to the office.

At 1, I had to go to Election judge training. We are switching to the new Diebold touch screen voting machines. I am worried that some of those old people will really mess it up, (not that there is anything wrong with old people, just that the old people in my training class were having a REALLY hard time.) but every year I think that some of the older election workers will mess things up. The training went well past the scheduled ending time. I will be the Poll Manager for my voting place, which at this point I am kind of glad of. During the middle of training, the problem I previously created was discovered. I was in a basement with not good signal, after some confusion, they were able to fix it. (But Karl wasn't really happy it had happened. Hopefully he's over it...)

After the training, it was way too late to go back to work, I walked down the comic book store to pick up the latest "Scooby Doo Adventures" and "Donald Duck Adventures".

I had forgotten that I had volunteered to help someone move, he wanted everyone over at 6pm, and called to remind me to come. (What a concept! Someone was moving, took the responsibilty all on himself to get people to help, and remind them when the time came...) I was there first, about 6 people came over from the Quorum. The brother already had the truck well loaded, we were the heavy lifters and cleanup crew. We were done in an hour.

Tara's Dad had surgery to remove a lump on his face today. Her Mom called this evening to ask that I come over and help administer a blessing. Tara and I went over. We stayed long enough to visit with his surgeon. I really liked him, it sounds like he really knows what he was doing. I really hope Tara's Dad is able to make a full recovery in time. (The results are not yet confirmed.)

We went and delivered a blanket and some hats to 2 couples with new babies. We also dumped a pile of Stake stuff into the lap of the new Assistant Stake Executive Secretary. (Lucky him).

I created 2 lists:
  • Things to do before leaving
  • Things to pack
I troubleshooted and got fixed a problem from work (not caused by me)

Long story short, I wasn't the one who origionally said it. "Do I ever actually work?" I figure I got a good 4 hours in today.

No comments: