Monday, May 15, 2006

Travel log - 15 May

This morning at 8am, I went to train the new student operations staff. About 30 minutes into the thing, I looked around, saw nothing but blank stares, and realized that they knew nothing about what I was talking about, and were half lost/half bored. (It was Unix training.) I wrapped up by saying "When you are logged in as root, be careful" and "The number one thing we want it for you to be honest with us. If you break something, tell us, so we don't have to waste time trying to figure out what's wrong and just fix the thing." Then I left. I figure I can come back in a month or two, and they will be more interested, have a frame of reference, and have questions for me.

I went from there to a meeting, it's a meeting where they tend to agree with what I present. Today is no different. They agreed to everything I had for them.

I changed internet providers today. No more Comcast. It was suprisingly easy to do.

This afternoon I had someone at work say he might want to buy our van. It's not finalized, but if he does, we plan to be ready to purchase a new van. Either way, we are still driving to Buffalo in 2 weeks.

My Dad went in for a job interview today. It sounds like it went pretty well, but one of the guys he would be working with talked to him at the end. This guy was kind of negative, and made it sound like nothing they had would really work, or something like that. Sounds familiar.

It hit 90 degrees today. I didn't know we lived in Arizona.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was 103 here today, we do live in AZ. LOVE IT!!