Monday, July 09, 2007

Moving to Gmail

At work, they upgraded the Microsoft Exchange webmail services over the weekend. This has broken my evolution-to-exchange connector on my linux installation. Word is that the evolution piece will not be ready to use the new webmail "features" for 6 months or so.

I don't really like the microsoft webmail client, I especially don't like it from Firefox. For one thing, the calendar features under Firefix don't work the way I want. Using my custom contacts in the webmail browser doesn't really work, either.

I switched over to my gmail account today. The only thing I have to do to get the thing fully functional is to get my gmail calendar visible to the Stake President, so he can see his appointments. (And ideally, get it synced to his PDA) Other than that, I have moved all my aliases, populated the contacts with the Stake contacts, at least, and started getting comfortable with the UI.

Congratulations Microsoft, one more of your products I am not using. If it weren't for mlb.com and Age of Empires...

No comments: