Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Hurt Ankle

I hurt my ankle somewhere along the way over the weekend. I'm not sure what along the way did it, (hiking in the mountains, tug of war at the park, walking to church on Sunday, or just living life (there's always my long used "wild living of my youth" excuse)) but on Monday night, after driving around all night, I got out of the car, and when I put my weight on it, it started feeling funny. (Long lasting tingling, very sore, that kind of thing) My ankle really hasn't felt all that good since then. It kind of feels like it's not bending properly.

In the past, I took plenty of Ibuprofen. For some reason, I haven't started using it this week. I'm not sure why. I figure it could be one of a number of things:
  • I'm too lazy to take Ibuprofen often enough to make it useful
  • I take too many things already (Thyroid, Claritin, Prilosac)
  • I like my pain and misery
  • I keep hoping it will just go away
Anyway, I don't really want to go see the doctor about it, I really hope it will go away, and go away before next Thursday, when some of us from work are going golfing. If it's going to be bad news when I go to the doctor, I would rather just not go.

Of course, my acid reflex, my ankle, and maybe even my sleep apnea might all be less a problem if I was 25 pounds lighter. I keep offering to give it to Drew, but he seems reluctant to take it from me, for some reason.

Maybe I'm just whining, but that's why this place is here, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes John Payne, this is the place for it.

rob

Mom said...

I don't know if this is the place for it, but I have an ankle that's not happy either.... and I know doctor's aren't really into good news, so, why bother?