Saturday, July 07, 2007

Mailing to Netflix

For the past 2 months or so, we have been taking our Netflix to a post office about 3 miles away. This post office has been able to get our disks back to Netflix consistantly the next day every time.

This week, we got a couple of disks from Netflix, and the return address was here in town! (Instead of 40 miles away.) The PO box for the disks is at the same post office as the one that delivers our mail to the house.

I went over to the Post office yesterday to ask about their PO box delivery practices. They delivery to the PO box once a day, in the morning. It doesn't matter what time of day we drop the disks off. (I wanted to see, because if they did 2 a day, we could watch a disk at night, get it to the post office first thing in the morning, and have them send out the new disk that day, making it a 2 day turn around instead of 3 or 4 for each disk.) I left the disk there, but since our mail comes from that same building, my guess now is that we can just leave the disk for the mailman to pick up, and Netflix will get it the next day. I've got one in the mailbox waiting for the mail right now.

Now, I still suspect there is one Saturday a month that they don't actually deliver mail to us at all, so I will have to make sure I get something in the mailbox for the mailman to pick up every Saturday to see how that little theory pans out...

No comments: