Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Book Review

Spider-man: Down these mean streets
Keith R.A. DeCandido

It's too bad they don't write more novels based on comic books. (My guess is that those who can or would are always too busy writing the comic books themselves...)

This book was like a lazy stroll through Spider-man's world. I read a couple of Spiderman books a few years ago, that author did a much better job writing for the battle scenes, I thought, but this book was good too. There just wasn't as much fighting in it as the other book. (There were regular people who got infected by Gamma radiation (As in "The Hulk"'s gamma radiation), and started doing weird things, like turning big and green, and stuff like that.)

The book was really an anti-drug and anti-gang book, not that there is anything wrong with that at all.

I liked it, it really is too bad there aren't more comic novels. (That's what I'm going to call them, I guess.)

No comments: