Thursday, July 26, 2007

Golf

9 of us from work went golfing this morning. (Our once yearly golf outing.) We played 3 man scramble.

I tried walking the thing, but after the first 2 holes, decided to get a cart. (The other 2 I was playing with had a cart.)

We played ok, at least for the first half of the 9 holes. Then we got hot and tired. Jess (he's on my team at work, doing most of the Linux stuff) at one point hit a ball about 100 feet. 50 feet straight up, and 50 feet back down. It was kind of funny.

It wasn't as hot today as it has been, but it's been very humid the last couple of days. The course we were at is one I played at years ago while framing houses. Back then, there was lots of water, a bunch of streams and 2 ponds. The smaller of the ponds was dry, only the biggest stream had water in it.

For some reason, 2/3 of the fairways were wet. Really wet, nearly boggy. I was glad I had a cart by the 4th hole, because I would have gotten my shoes completely wet walking through some of that.

No comments: