Saturday, July 07, 2007

Tara would say I'm obsessed

I set the "record game" setting for our first Age of Empires game yesterday. (The one where Dad and I played against Rob and Dave.)

I went back this afternoon and this evening to review the recording. I was hoping I could learn a thing or 2 from the way Dave and Rob played. (The recording lets you observe the game from the point of view of any of the players.)

What did I learn? Dave and Rob have very different game play styles. It's kind of the thing I could learn is to do what I want, just play better.

I figure what I need to do is to play against some expert level computers, and record the games. Then I can review the recordings to see what the computers do to beat (or not beat) me.

Or maybe I should read a book.

1 comment:

Dave said...

I started reviewing that game last night.. yep different styles maybe next game I will adjust