Monday, July 02, 2007

Dining Services money

This year, the fun walk had a thing where if you did all 6 of them, you got a case of water and $30 on your signature card to use at Dining Services places on campus.

At lunchtime, I went to the vending machine to get an ice cream sandwich. The machine told me I had an expected amount of money in my account. (I have a payroll account, they bring my balance up to a certain level every month.)

We went to the Cougar Eat for dinner, when I paid for 6 donuts, the register said my balance was $27.50, which was $20 too low. It turns out that I have the $30 from the Fun Walk applied to my account. I guess it just comes off when I use it at a Dining Services place. I went online to look again. but I can only look at the Payroll side of the account, not the "Dining Services" side. I'm not sure when they stuck it on, but it's there now.

Tara did all the fun walks, they added $30 to her card also. I know this, because I used her card at Taco Bell in the CougarEat to see if it worked. She now has only $20 left on her card.

Anyway, if you stop me soon at lunchtime on campus, and we are anywhere near a place to eat, there's an outside chance lunch is on me...

No comments: