Wednesday, March 18, 2009

So close to done


We are so close to being able to use our bedroom again. I spent part of the afternoon trying to get this silly little light installed in the ceiling of the closet. This would have been tons easier if one of the screws for the thing had not stripped right away when I was installing the light. I ended up using a wrench to finish tightening the screw.


All that was left was the painting. Last night I got the inside of the closet painted. I also got the first coat of blue paint on the wall and ceiling, not that you can see in the above picture, because I didn't attach that one, and I am tired, so I won't.


Today also involved putting clothing back in the closet, putting the second coat of blue paint on the ceiling and wall, and putting the first coat of yellow on the wall. I free handed the transition of blue to yellow, which is either an incredibly brave or insanely dumb thing to do, but it looks ok. I have two little spots of blue to touch up from stray yellow bits, but that is all. This project will be done tomorrow. It is amazing how different having a light in the closet is. (and the house has not burned down since I put it in, so I guess that means I did it right.)

4 comments:

Uncle Rick said...

Looking good John, Where did you get all of the talent for all these remodel job's. Drew also seems to be good at it also. Some day I might get out and check up with all of you, but it will be a while. See You Later!

jjp said...

My talent for this particular one was to frame the closet, put up drywall and shelving on the inside, and then do nothing else for 3 years, then hire someone to finish the job. I did the painting...

jjp said...

But Drew and I are modern day Renaissance men.

Pro Payne said...

Looking good!