Thursday, March 19, 2009

Truth in Advertizing

{Not sure who is following my food blog, I am copying two posts from that one into this one. For those who didn't know, I am doing a blog where I am trying to photograph the food I eat. (Results are varied.) You can find it at http://sparbowlfood.blogspot.com}

The other day, Lily wanted to go for a ride in the truck. I took her and Adam around the corner to get some nachos.


This is what Taco Bell advertizes as their Beefy nachos. (89 cents)


This is what I got. Now don't get me wrong. For 89 cents, my expectations were not high. Despite this, I really was a little surprised that these nachos looked this much different than there advertizing. It was like they made some sort of nacho lasagna out of it. This didn't stop me from eating all the nachos I was given. Lily's looked slightly sort of more like the ad.

Truth in advertizing is over rated, I guess. Last night, I ran to the store to get something from the store. The sign on the McDonald's said "4 extra value meals for $4". I wanted to hit the drive through, order 4 extra value meals, then get outraged when they charged me more than $4 for my order. It was late and the line was long, so I kept driving. I had to go to the store again early this afternoon, and was sorely tempted again to stop for a visit, but I resisted. Why not just say "4 extra value meals, $4 each"?


Link

No comments: