Monday, March 23, 2009

Vacuum is fixed

For a while now, Tara has been complaining that the girls don't do a good job vacuuming things up. I started looking into it, and the brushes on the vacuum rarely rotate. You had to have it on the highest level, and then sort of tip it a little to get them to spin.

I didn't fix the problem, mostly just ignored it until last week on Thursday, when I was trying to clean up our bedroom from the construction on the closet. I finally went out to the store to get a new belt for the vacuum, which is what I figured the problem was. I got the belt, and took the vacuum apart, and the new belt was about half the size of the old one, so I figured I had purchased the wrong belt. I ended up looking at the Hoover website, then ordering replacement belts off Amazon. (And "Revolver" and "Abbey Road" for Tara. Amazon has everything.)

Anyway, the new belt and CDs came today, and when I opened the package, the replacement belts were the same size as the ones I had gotten from the store last week. The ones I got from Amazon had the right Hoover model number written on them, so I took the vacuum apart and replaced the belt. The vacuum works much better now. A re-vacuum of the entire house is in order. That old belt stretched out pretty far, I wonder what the girls were trying to pick up with the thing. (It may have something to do with marking from what appears to have been a large green crayon on the inside of the thing...)

1 comment:

~ Amy said...

That's impressive.