Saturday, February 04, 2006

Basketball game

We had a couple of late cancellations for the basketball game, we ended up using only 17 of the 20 tickets. It's ok, they were only a dollar each.

First thing the girls wanted when we got there was popcorn and nachos. (Of course...) I went down to get the stuff, and the bill was $9. I gave the guy my signature card, he kept swiping it. I asked him what he was doing, he said something was wrong, it was charging the wrong price. (Why would you keep swiping it if it was charging you the wrong price?) It was charging 5.85 each time. He thought he charged me twice, gave me $12, and took 9 of it. It turns out he charged me the $5.85 3 times, not 2. I will have to call the signature card office Monday to try to get it fixed.

Later, everyone wanted Hot Dogs. (Well, I thought they did, Emma didn't actually eat one.) I walked half way around the stadium to get to a different stand that didn't have a long line. They got the charge right, it just took them 10 minutes. I think I wil have to start bringing cash to the games.

The right team won, that was good.

Towards the end of the game, I went down and got a drink. They had posters out for people to take, I grabbed a handful and passed them out. After the game, I still had 10 of them, I ended up giving them to people walking by. (One guy asked where I got them, I gave him a couple, then a lady came up and asked for some, so I gave some to her. Then the first guy came back and asked if I was passing them out and worked there. I was passing them out, yes, but I didn't work there...)

Everyone had fun, we wore Emma out, she's out cold.

No comments: