Monday, February 27, 2006

New iPod accessory


I bought a car adaptor for the iPod off Amazon. It was a $99 thing, but was half off. It is a unit that plugs into the car charger, has a cradle for the iPod, and has an FM transmitter. It looks like it's one of the better working transmitters, we passed on 2 others.

On road trips in the past, Tara has taken a large number of CD's with us to play in the car. This is ok, but it drives me crazy when we get to the end of a kid's CD, and everyone in the car is asleep but me, so I pop the CD out, but I'm driving the car, so I can't get to the CD's to switch them. Our CD Player has a 'feature' where if you eject the CD, but do not take it out, it sucks it back in and starts playing again. I would just switch to the radio, but in the middle of nowhere, it's a little hard to find anything but country stations. This will no longer happen! No CD's wasting space in the car. No struggling to find the right thing or stop the current music. It's just a matter of using the iPod, and letting it go until you stop for the night.

No comments: