Monday, February 27, 2006

Writing letters

I don't like to write letters. Just ask anyone who ever got a letter from me, or expected to get a letter from me, they will let you know.

The Stake President keeps asking me to write letters for him to people in the stake. (thanks for serving, thanks for speaking, can you do this or that, etc.) I told him if he keeps asking me to do that, he can be sure I will never be completely comfortable in the calling. (Not being competely comfortable is a good thing, right?) I told him the last time he always needs to give me a deadline for any letters he wants me to write so that I will make myself write them.

He keeps asking me to write letters. I really don't know sometimes what to say in them, I just stick stuff in them and figure he'll add or remove anything necessary. So far that's worked for him, I think. Anyway, I sent him the current ones, I think he'll have more editing to do than last time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

form letters John, think form letters.

jjp said...

Yeah, part of the problem is that I would necessarily want a form letter, so I don't really want to write one...