Wednesday, February 08, 2006

No more TV.

The cable guy came this morning to disconnect the cable. The only thing I was worried about was that he might screw up the Internet service. That did not happen, which is why I am able to creat this post.

Tara has already had 'buyer's remorse', she realized that the Winter Olympics start this week, we won't be watching. (Although from what I hear, Torino is nice. Isn't that where you spent something like a year of your mission in Rob?)

I missed a 1pm meeting yesterday, I was asleep. In my own defense, the meeting was not called until I was already asleep, I didn't hear about it until after it was over. They decided on 9am meetings today, tomorrow, and Thursday. I missed this morning's meeting, I was asleep. From what I hear, I whould have been there. As a result, I have a large paper to write tonight to prepare for tomorrow morning's meeting, and if I am not there by 8:45, my boss will call me to find out where I am.

I should be typing this thing right now, but I took a short break. I only got an outline in during the day today, now it's crunch time. I will likely have to stay up into the wee small hours of the morning. What a time to not have some mindless TV to turn on so that I have something going on in the background to help me work. I will have to turn on some music or a DVD. (Or both, really.)

I will end up having put in a lot of hours this week, and that includes several nights. I don't think I will get to leave all that early on Friday, maybe I will have to make up for it next week. (Or not, but I do need to get the car a tuneup, and get it reregistered this month.)

The long and the short of it is, I gotta go.

No comments: