Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Delivery people are ticking me off

I took our latest Netflix DVD's to the Post Office Saturday night. I dropped them off at 6:10, last pickup on Saturday is 6:30pm. I expected to see something from Netflix yesterday. As of right now, there still is nothing. (Even if the Post Office had not sent it until yesterday, I should have seen something from them today, but no.) I'm chalking that up to our friendly neighborhood postal 'service'.

Amazon.com shipped our $163 worth of DVD's (Superman: The Animated Series season 2, Jane Austin Collection, The Cronicles of Narnia, Barbie in the Nutcracker, Barbie and the magic of Pegasus, Wonder Woman - The Complete third season) on Feb 7. They estimated the shipment would arrive between Feb 10 and Feb 13. (Still waiting. I know it was just an estimate, and there was a snowstorm back East, but this is the first time I have had Amazon ship something when it didn't get here on the first day of the estimate...)

I ordered Tara flowers (nice ones) from ftd.com last week, and put today as the delivery date. 'Today' is not over, but there are no flowers. Tara had to settle for a printout of what the flowers would have looked like.

Right now, I am assuming our mailman intercepted the flowers, they are sitting on the counter at his new DVD rental store.

No comments: