Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Wednesday's are long, but worth it.

Wednesday's are normally long for me. I end up always staying up late on Tuesdays, it takes a little while to be ready for bed after being at the Stake Center for interviews on Tuesdays. Then morning always come at the same time, no matter when you go to bed. I went to bed last night at something like 1:30 or 2. (I had some work to get done.)

I ended up walking to work today. I have my training class Wednesdays at 11:00 am, and I am the one usually teaching them, so less generally gets done if I am not there. This means on weeks when Kate needs to be picked up (we trade off with someone), I need to walk so Tara will have the car. My ankle hurt really badly this morning. I didn't want to walk, and I couldn't find my ankle brace, so I put on my boots, sucked it up, and left.

I wasn't too excited by the training topic this week (firewalls), I pick them generally, but this one had to be done. Add that to the 3 hours of scheduled work, and 4 hours of unscheduled work, and I was busy all day. I also needed to do Presidency and Welfare meeting agendas. I got those done, and started walking home. (Tara usually goes to her Sister and Mom's houses on Wednesday's, gets home after I am already in meetings.) President Christiansen called, President Hales was out of town, Mark was out of town (which means I had to take minutes tonight, by the way.), and we really didn't have a lot to get done without them. We moved the meeting to 7pm, just long enough to prepare for Welfare Council.

This was nice. I had a book with 150 pages left, it's due at the library tomorrow. I spend the extra hour reading it. (Look here for the Book Report...)

Welfare meeting went 2 1/2 hours. This was 2 1/2 hours of furious typing, trying to keep up. I don't know how Mark does it.

Presidency Meeting and other Stake meetings are really nice to be involved in, most of the time. Generally it involves quite a bit of listening to council and training that I wouldn't always get. (Unless I had one of those other callings that have all that responsibility. I get the best of both worlds here...)

Now it's 11pm, I'm home, and a little tired, but not really ready to go to bed. Tara is past out on the couch. I missed a very high scoring basketball game tonight. I have popped in Scooby Doo 2, and I think I will read the rest of my book while it plays.

I already have 6 hours of scheduled work for tomorrow. We'll see how that goes.

No comments: