Saturday, February 11, 2006

Restaurant Review

Taco Bell (by my house)

The first thing I have to say is that on Saturday night, snails could have prepared my order faster. It took about a half hour. I missed the last 4 minutes of the Basketball game, and all of halftime.

About 6 months ago, we bought the girls burritos instead of tacos. (The Taco Bell in question that time was all out of ground meat. How does that happen at a Taco Bell? They were also out of steak. I ordered something with chicken, the guy who came up behind me was informed that they were out of chicken. Why not just close if you are all out of meat?) Before that time we had always gotten them tacos from Taco Bell. The girls loved the bean burritos, that's all we get for them now, the days of tacos are gone.

I ordered 2 crunchwraps and 3 bean burritos. (That's all we really need.) I had gone to the store to get stuff for nachos (Taco Bell nachos are not worth it. You read it here first.) and decided that the Taco Bell by the store was too busy, so I went to the one by my house. It looked like they had a number of people in the drive through, I went inside. Big mistake. I think they did 10 car orders before I got my food. (And I could have listened to the end of the first half of the game...)

Our area was part of the 'limited time' test of the CrunchWrap Supreme. If you have not tried this yet, I highly recommend it, provided you do not starve waiting for your order to be filled. I was disappointed when the thing went away, I almost walked out fo the store at that time. There was a comercial for it last week saying it was back, and so was I. My old favorite item from Taco Bell was the Double Decker taco. (All the benefits of a taco, but the soft shell outer layer to keep it all in one piece while you eat it.) The CrunchWrap has replaced the double decker as the go to item from Taco Bell.

While I was waiting, one fo the other guys waiting was chatting me up. I'm not one to participate in idle conversion with strangers, but he persisted. He was complaining that they were so slow, I told him I had been waiting for 3 hours. (At this point all the employees turned and looked at me, I said it loud enough for them to all hear me. I got my food in only a few minutes after that. I did watch to make sure they didn't spit in it.) This guy was telling me how much he loved the CrunchWrap, I told him about how I was mad they got rid of it before. He said that it replaced the chalupa as his favorite, he was never going back to it. Then he said, 'Oh, you had the crunchwrap before? I just tried it for lunch, but it's great!' For him, it was the second meal in a row. (I fully expect to see him in a month, but weighing 200 pounds more...)

No comments: