Friday, March 07, 2008

Oops

We have a new "Manager of Managers" tool at work. I have spent a number of hours this week trying to model our entire web infrastructure top to bottom on the thing for a meeting Monday morning. At around 4pm this afternoon, I was pretty much done with the thing. (At least enough done that I wouldn't have to think about it all weekend...)

At about 4:15, I decided to pick up the directories and organize them under on heading, so everything looked cleaner in the tool. I had a meeting at 4:30, so I was hurrying to get it done. I did it the wrong way, and wiped out about 20 hours worth of work. All I'm left with now is a very empty shell of a framework that doesn't actually monitor anything. It's very, very, unimpressive. Unless you consider that it was nearly fully complete, and I didn't have a backup of it. That makes it a spectacular mistake.

I haven't decided if I'm going to try to get it redone this weekend, or refuse to speak English on Monday...

No comments: